Ready for a new challenge? Have you always wanted to work in the fast-paced Fintech industry? Do you have a passion for all things cloud APIs, service orchestration, data transformation and microservices?
If so, keep reading.
We're looking for a talented integration developer who wants to make a difference through the delivery of integration solutions in a growing fintech business.
Bigstone is an Australian fintech company that provides finance to small businesses across Australia. Our IT environment connects with multiple cloud-hosted platforms and service providers, and for our next phase of growth, we need an integration designer / developer to help deliver the integration and automation solutions needed to evolve our product and customer service offering.
We are seeking an individual experienced in the design and construction of integration solutions, preferably with experience in service orchestration and the implementation of microservices. Our integration platform of choice is Clover ETL, but we’re open to candidates experienced in a similar platform or an equivalent open source integration framework.
You’ll be joining a small technical delivery team, working alongside and learning from experienced integration solution designers.
You'll have tertiary qualifications in IT or other equivalent software and development courses.
About the role
We are offering a full-time position at our Sydney office, based at Australian Technology Park in Eveleigh only a short walk from Redfern station.
This is a unique opportunity to make a significant difference in an early stage growth-oriented fintech business, and commensurate rewards will be available through an employee share options scheme.
This is a hands-on design and development role, and you’ll be expected to:
- Lead or contribute to solution design, including design completion from solution briefs and design outlines.
- Work with limited initial guidance to explore and understand platform API documentation and data entities, to inform the design and construction of working integration solutions.
- Perform hands-on implementation of integration and orchestration solutions using the CloverETL toolset (which, despite its name, is fully real-time capable).
- Contribute your knowledge of software lifecycle disciplines to help the delivery team ensure solution quality and consistency.
- Where needed, be willing to engage and collaborate with outsource partners or service providers to realise solution outcomes.
- When required, “roll the sleeves up” to help diagnose and rectify operational issues around data state or ad-hoc system errors.
Over time, we would expect that you would
- continue to progressively evolve your integration design knowledge and expertise
- gain an understanding of business objectives and processes so that you can participate in the definition of solutions needed to close capability gaps or improve our end-to-end operational execution
- participate in, and contribute to, discussions and decisions around Bigstone’s overall and evolving system architecture.
Further growth and development opportunities
Bigstone has a substantial backlog of integration needs, ranging from simple integration functions to complex orchestrations. The opportunity to tackle a range of solutions, working alongside experienced integration designers, will afford motivated candidates a learning pathway to develop and solidify their skills at a more senior level of recognition.
Reporting and remuneration
The role will report to the CTO.
Remuneration will include market-competitive salary commensurate with experience level. Participation in Bigstone’s employee share options scheme is available after a qualifying period.
The role is open to Australian residents with full-time work eligibility status, and Bigstone invites interested candidates to apply directly for this role.
Think you have what it takes? Use the form below to apply for this position.
Closing date: 23 March 2018