To invest through Bigstone, you must be a 'wholesale client' under the Corporations Act 2001.
You are a wholesale client if you pass one of the tests set out below.
For more information visit our frequently asked questions.
Wealth test - sophisticated investors
This test requires the investor to have:
- net assets of at least $2.5 million; or
- a gross income for each of the last two financial years of at least $250,000.
When considering whether you pass this test, you should include the net assets or gross income of each company or trust (including SMSFs) that you control. Similarly, if you are eligible to be a wholesale client, then a company or trust (including SMSF) that you control is also a wholesale client.
Your accountant must provide us with a certificate confirming that you meet either of the above tests.
Our template accountant’s certificate is available here and must be dated within the last 2 years.
This exemption largely covers large institutional and specialised investment organisations.
You are a professional investor if you are:
- a financial services licensee;
- a person or company that controls at least $10 million;
- a listed company or related body corporate;
- an exempt public authority;
- a body regulated by APRA other than a trustee of a superannuation product;
- a body registered under the Financial Corporations Act 1974
- a trustee of a superannuation fund, approved deposit fund, pooled superannuation trust, or public sector superannuation scheme, that control at least $10 million;
- a body that carries on an investment business that is offered to the public
- a foreign entity that would meet one of these requirements had it been established in Australia.
We will require you to complete a declaration that you are a professional investor, and we will carry out further due diligence to confirm that fact.
You will also be a wholesale client if you invest at least $500,000. Please contact us if you wish to qualify under this class.
This category applies if your investment is to be used in connection with a business that employs at least 20 employees - or at least 100 employees if the business is or includes the manufacture of goods.